Plano Estate Planning Attorneys
High-Quality, Reliable Legal Advocates in Your Corner
We know that preparing your affairs to ensure your hard-earned assets and property are protected when you pass away can be a complicated task. That is why Crain & Wooley takes great pride in using our decades of combined experience to guide clients through each phase of the estate planning process. Our goal is to help you create a proactive strategy that will ease various burdens placed on your loved ones after they pass away or become incapacitated.
Our team of compassionate and experienced lawyers offers clients of all backgrounds with a wide range of estate planning matters. We can also help clients devise plans for major life vents, inevitable losses, and various financial matters that can impact the wealth and the legacy they leave for their families.
The comprehensive services we offer at Crain & Wooley are suited for clients of all backgrounds and income levels, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Plano estate planning lawyers. Call (972) 945-1610 to set up a free case consultation today.
We Can Explain All of Your Estate Planning Options
Our legal team is equipped with the extensive resources that you need on your side to make sure your valuable property and assets are passed on to their rightful beneficiaries. We can also safeguard your estate with the right legal tools to carry out your wishes in case you ever become incapacitated.
Our seasoned estate planning attorneys in Plano can assist you with the following:
- Wills: A will is a signed document that states your wishes regarding the disbursement of your assets. With a will, you can establish basic guidelines for asset distribution that can eliminate costly disputes among your heirs.
- Trusts: Including trusts in your estate plan can greatly simplify the administration process and help your loved ones avoid the hassle of probate. There are different types of trusts you can use that can be customized to meet your unique estate planning goals. The most common are revocable living trusts, irrevocable living trusts, and supplemental needs trusts. We can help you determine which type of trust you need to ensure your beneficiaries inherit what you leave behind.
- Probate: We know firsthand that the probate process contains many variables. Our experienced legal professionals can guide you through each phase of the probate process if you have been named as an executor of a will or administrator of an estate. Although the legal responsibilities and liability might feel overwhelming, we can provide the practical advice you need to feel confident your best interests are represented.
- Adult Guardianship: An adult guardianship hearing is usually necessary when a person with a permanent mental or physical disability is not capable of making decisions for themselves. Our lawyers can help proactively complete guardianship planning documents or reactively file an Application for Appointment of Permanent Guardian with the court.
- Disability Planning: Are you worried about who will make important decisions on your behalf if you are ever incapacitated or unable to speak for yourself. We can address your concerns and help you draft a durable power of attorney, medical power of attorney, declaration of guardian in advance, and more.
- Asset Protection: Our skilled Plano estate planning attorneys can help you strategically insulate your hard-earned assets to prevent costly lawsuits and devastating losses. We can protect your personal and business assets from liability arising from misconduct, professional malpractice liability, personal injury resulting from a car accident, and more.
- Existing Estate Plan Review & Update: It’s important to periodically review your estate plan to make sure it conforms to all current laws that might impact your unique planning goals. We offer comprehensive review and update services to assist clients with existing estate plans. Speak to us today if any major life events have occurred that require you to change the beneficiaries named in your will and trusts.
Practical Legal Advice You Can Count On
When you choose Crain & Wooley to handle your estate planning and probate needs, you get a team of dedicated lawyers that will focus our full effort on the art and science using smart estate planning techniques and tools to make sure your legacy and wealth are properly protected. We can craft the perfect estate plan for you and your family, so if you are ready to determine which legal tools you need, please contact us today.
"Very Professional, Thorough and Good Communicators"Justin and his staff were very professional, thorough and good communicators. They prepared every doc they committed to, and in a timely manner. I like the lump sum fee arrangement. I would definitely recommend them.- Bart Hubbard
"We are so grateful we did this."
We had been wanting to do and understand a trust for a long time. Once we received the meeting invite, the rest was easy. We learned about wills and trusts in an understandable way. Justin and his team are organized, thorough, friendly and helpful. They coordinated and explained each step of the process. We are so grateful we did this. The cost was invaluable. Thank you for everything.- Shelly Torti
"Would Definitely Recommend Crain & Wooley"
We attended a lunch seminar hosted by Shelly Joyner and her team to listen and learn more about our options with Trusts. Based on Shelly's presentation, examples, and knowledge of Trusts, we were sold on Crain & Wooley as the firm to prepare and manage our Trust.
The Crain & Wooley process from start to finish was fast, efficient and very professional. Throughout the progression, both Shelly and Steve Crosby communicated, answered all our questions, and provided various trust documents through the portal for our review /comments.
Would highly recommend the services of Crain & Wooley!!- Paul & Helen Cherry
"Made the Entire Process a Seamless Operation"
Finding a law firm to assist me in creating a "Living Trust" was very confusing. After interviewing three law firms, I chose Crain & Wooley.
They got back to me quickly after the initial consultation and made the entire process a seamless operation.
I highly recommend and will work with Shelly Joyner and Crain & Wiiley again in the future.- Ricky Ellis
"I would return for other legal issues and would highly recommend this firm for legal advice."I am very pleased with the professional services of Crain and Wooley law firm with the trust documents formalized on my behalf. The fees were fair and the result was done in a few weeks. Terms and legal explanations were understood. I would return for other legal issues and would highly recommend this firm for legal advice.- Alex Montanez
"I had a fantastic experience with your law firm and now I can relax!"I had a fantastic experience with your law firm and now I can relax because I have my affairs in order! It was a very easy process, very informative, easy to gather their information and get the awesome result of having all my documents into my trust. Very impressed with the professionalism of Shelly Joiner, Jessica and Steve. I highly recommend this law firm Crain & Wooley for all the estate planning needs. Thank you!- Wanda Echevarria
"Very Thorough In Explaining My Options"Shelly was very thorough in explaining my options in estate planning and reviewing the documents I did have. I appreciate the speed and ease in completing my documents and support in transitioning my home into our living trust.- David Smith
"We Felt Valued, Cared for and Appreciated"It was a pleasure working with Justin Crain, Shelly Joyner, Steve Crosby, and the entire staff at Crain and Wooley. From the moment we walked into their office, we felt valued, cared for and appreciated. Justin took the time to explain to us the benefits of creating a trust and patiently answered all of our questions. My wife and I particularly appreciated their educational emphasis. They provided us with videos and literature that deepened our understanding of the process and purpose of creating a trust. We never felt any pressure during our meetings with them to purchase any legal products or services. They educated us, encouraged us to ask questions, and let us make our own decision. We did decide to create a living trust, and we are very pleased with the results.- William Benninghoff
Finally, you won’t need a lawyer to understand your legal fees. We clearly communicate our pricing structure upfront, so you can feel comfortable with our service from start to finish. No surprises, no hidden fees. *Our flat rate fees apply only to proactive planning services.
Optional Lifetime GuaranteeWith our optional lifetime guarantee, your will and trust will be automatically updated over the years to ensure it stays current with best practices, reflects your current wishes and minimizes future confusion for your family.
Knowledgeable ServiceLaws change all the time. We stay up to date with all the latest information so that you’re covered. No one else in the region is as dedicated or educated in this area of law. We’re the experts so you don’t have to be.