Plano Estate Planning Attorneys
High-Quality, Reliable Legal Advocates in Your Corner
Our team of compassionate and experienced lawyers is here to help clients of all backgrounds across Plano and the surrounding areas with a wide range of estate planning matters. We know that preparing your affairs to ensure your hard-earned assets and property are protected when you pass away can be a complicated task. That is why we take great pride in using our decades of combined experience to guide clients through each phase of the estate planning process so that they can create a proactive strategy that will ease various burdens placed on their loved ones after they pass away or become incapacitated. We can also help clients devise plans for major life vents, inevitable losses, and various financial matters that can impact the wealth and the legacy they leave for their families.
The comprehensive estate planning services we offer at Crain & Wooley are suited for clients of all backgrounds and income levels, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our legal team in Plano. Call (972) 560-6288 to set up a free case consultation today.
We Can Explain All of Your Estate Planning Options
Our legal team is equipped with the extensive resources that you need on your side to make sure your valuable property and assets are passed on to their rightful beneficiaries. We can also safeguard your estate with the right legal tools to carry out your wishes in case you ever become incapacitated.
Our seasoned estate planning team in Plano can assist you with the following:
- Wills: A will is a signed document that states your wishes regarding the disbursement of your assets. With a will, you can establish basic guidelines for asset distribution that can eliminate costly disputes among your heirs.
- Trusts: Including trusts in your estate plan can greatly simplify the administration process and help your loved ones avoid the hassle of probate. There are different types of trusts you can use that can be customized to meet your unique estate planning goals. The most common are revocable living trusts, irrevocable living trusts, and supplemental needs trusts. We can help you determine which type of trust you need to ensure your beneficiaries inherit what you leave behind.
- Probate: We know firsthand that the probate process contains many variables. Our experienced legal professionals can guide you through each phase of the probate process if you have been named as an executor of a will or administrator of an estate. Although the legal responsibilities and liability might feel overwhelming, we can provide the practical advice you need to feel confident your best interests are represented.
- Adult Guardianship: An adult guardianship hearing is usually necessary when a person with a permanent mental or physical disability is not capable of making decisions for themselves. Our lawyers can help proactively complete guardianship planning documents or reactively file an Application for Appointment of Permanent Guardian with the court.
- Disability Planning: Are you worried about who will make important decisions on your behalf if you are ever incapacitated or unable to speak for yourself. We can address your concerns and help you draft a durable power of attorney, medical power of attorney, declaration of guardian in advance, and more.
- Asset Protection: Our skilled lawyers can help you strategically insulate your hard-earned assets to prevent costly lawsuits and devastating losses. We can protect your personal and business assets from liability arising from misconduct, professional malpractice liability, personal injury resulting from a car accident, and more.
- Existing Estate Plan Review & Update: It’s important to periodically review your estate plan to make sure it conforms to all current laws that might impact your unique planning goals. We offer comprehensive review and update services to assist clients with existing estate plans. Speak to us today if any major life events have occurred that require you to change the beneficiaries named in your will and trusts.
Practical Legal Advice You Can Count On
When you choose Crain & Wooley to handle your estate planning and probate needs, you get a team of dedicated lawyers that will focus our full effort on the art and science using smart estate planning techniques and tools to make sure your legacy and wealth are properly protected. We can craft the perfect estate plan for you and your family, so if you are ready to determine which legal tools you need, please contact us today.
Call (972) 560-6288 or fill out our convenient online form to schedule your free case consultation with our estate planning lawyers in Plano.
You made everything so convenient for me.- Carol E.
You (Shelly) and the staff at Crain & Wooley were so very easy to work with.- Dave K.
Finally got an estate plan after years of procrastination, mainly from fear…fear of the process. The fear disappeared as we had our initial meeting with Shelly.- Brad Lemon
We recommend them without qualification to others having requirements for trust, will and related document.- Gary Johnston
We would recommend Shelly Joyner as well as Crain & Wooley.- Brian Wenning